Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

"Destiny Ann" Lives!


Image of Newborn baby clutching her mothers finger 
© Kitkana | Dreamstime.com
This amazing (short) story started with a text message this morning from one of our shared family plan iPhone users that her son dropped her iPhone breaking the front face crystal.  While chatting with "Destiny Ann" online at the Verizon web site, asking about possibilities for a replacement phone,  I asked if "Destiny Ann" was her real name or a pseudonym used for phone purposes.  She replied:

"It is definitely my real name :)  Mom had difficulties and I was pronounced dead when I was born. When the nurse checked one more time, she found a faint heartbeat and mom decided I was destined to live, hence the name. Ann is my middle name but since there's another Destiny on chat, I use my middle name with my first name to save on confusion lol."