Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Holy Thursday 2024

 


Jesus Shares a Last Supper with His Disciples
(Vienna - Fresco of Last supper of Christ by Leopold Kupelwieser from 1889 in nave of Altlerchenfelder church. Photo 32628454 © Jozef Sedmak | Dreamstime.com)

"My little children, 
I shall not be with you much longer. 
You will look for me, 
and, as I told the Jews, 
where 1 am going, 
you cannot come. 
I give you a new commandment:
love one another; 
just as I have loved you, 
you also must love one another. 
By this love you have for one another, 
everyone will know that you are my disciples."

Simon Peter said, ‘Lord, where are you going?’ Jesus replied, "Where I am going you cannot follow me now; you will follow me later". Peter said to him, 'Why can’t 1 follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.’ "Lay down your life for me? answered Jesus. I tell you most solemnly, before the cock crows you will have disowned me three times."

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  
Trust in God still, and trust in me. 
There are many rooms in my Father’s house; 
if there were not, I should have told you.
I am going now to prepare a place for you, 
and after I have gone and prepared you a place, 
I shall return to take you with me
so that where I am 
you may be too. 
You know the way to the place where I am going." 

( Beginning of Jesus' Farewell discourses at his Last Supper John 13:33-38 through 14:1-4)

Note: Scripture passage is from the  Jerusalem Bible copyright 1966 by Darton, Longman & Todd Ltd and Doubleday & Company, Inc. Garden City, New York,